Kiewit Corporation Senior Software Engineer- Kiewit Technology Group in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: May 10, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 74661
System and product design:
• Considers the customer’s perspective and experiences when designing systems.
• Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which require research and analysis.
• Performs system design and specification development, program logic, application security, testing, debugging, and documentation with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
• Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
• Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
• Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
• Participates in client interactions, along with the Lead Software Engineer and Architecture Teams, to develop system solutions to business problems.
• Writes clean well thought out design and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability.
• Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
• Communicates effectively and partners well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from vision to deployment and long term product stability.
• Role model to Kiewit Technology Group’s Values; Make us better, make someone’s job easier, and deliver measurable value.
• Mentors more junior developers.
• May lead projects as needed.
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of Software Development Experience
• 3+ years of experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• 3+ years of experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
• Experience with the following front end technology preferred: SignalR, Angular4, Kendo UI, React, and Xamarin
• Experience with the following back-end technologies: LogicApps, Azure WebJobs, Azure Funtions, Azure API Management, ASP.NET Web API, ODataV4, Data Lake, HDFS, WebHDFS, AzureSql, CosmosDB
• Experience with Web Services
• Experience with database design and programming preferred.
• Hosting application using the Azure ecosystem
• Experience with Design patterns, SOA design & web service development
• Strong understanding of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices for .NET development.
• Experience with UX and User Centric Design (UCD)
• Must be able to work in a complex, dynamic team environment with minimal supervision and possess good organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Some travel may be required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Construction, Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Software Engineer, Engineering, Technology